Auditing Acadia University Courses
As part of our efforts to foster truly lifelong learning, ALL members age 50+ are eligible for free credit course audits. You may be able to audit any lecture-style undergraduate course offered by the university and the Acadia Divinity College, pending available space and permission by the professor.
What is auditing?
If you audit an Acadia University course, you'll be able to attend all lectures in a course. ALL members are often particularly interested in studying languages, history, and religious studies.
How is auditing different from taking a course?
Auditing a course is not the same as enrolling in a course. You will not be graded or tasked with writing tests or assignments. You will also not earn academic credit for the course.
Is auditing really free?
Yes, as an active ALL member (only $25 per year) age 50 and above, you are welcome to audit courses without paying any tuition. However, please note that certain courses require the use of Acadia's online course management system, "ACORN". In these instances, we require a small fee of $50 for related administrative costs. If this fee is applicable, you will be notified during the registration process, before your course begins.
When should I apply to audit a course?
We begin accepting applications to audit approximately a month before classes begin each term. All audit requests must be complete before the first day of classes.
How to register to audit a course:
To audit Acadia University undergraduate courses (does not apply to online courses):
- Review the available courses at the Registrar's website. You can view all available courses, dates, times, etc. via this database. If the course is highlighted in blue on the timetable, this means the class is full so it is unfortunately closed to any new registrations, including auditors. Course descriptions are available here if you would like more details about a particular course.
- Note the course number, name, section, and instructor of the course you are interested in.
- Visit our online Audit Request Form and submit your information.
- For courses in which the instructor indicates that the use of Acadia's courseware management system (ACORN) is required, there will be a $50 fee. You will be asked if you would still like to move ahead before the audit is confirmed.
- Applications for Fall 2019 are now closed. We will re-open the Audit Request Form in early December for Winter 2020.